Final Blog

Over these last fifteen weeks, I have learned about issues in the medical world while improving my writing abilities. Learning about stage one and stage two research helped me find credible and supportive resources and has improved my research techniques. Having time to look at all sides of an issue and educating myself before taking a stance has helped me prevent any of my own biases. I will continue taking time to do first stage and background research for future papers to avoid bias.


From collaborative learning through peer-editing and blogging, I have been able to receive useful and meaningful feedback from fellow classmates. I enjoyed the blogging assignment as it gave me a space to practice my ideas and receive feedback. For future students, I would advise them to take the blogs seriously and try out new ideas. Receiving comments from fellow classmates is a great way to learn and continue to develop ideas and arguments. 


Improving my ability to write papers with research will help me in the future. As a pre-med student and switching to an engineering major, these new and improved writing skills will help me write future papers. The information I have learned about Health & Healing has given me perspective and awareness about the dilemmas and issues that confront medicine. I will use my new knowledge as I continue exploring medicine and whether or not it is the right career for me. 


Comments